Colorado Springs, CO (PRWEB) January 23, 2015
The MMJ Business Academy, a Colorado Springs-based organization dedicated to helping entrepreneurs succeed in the medical marijuana industry (MMJ), today announces the launch of Cannabis Boot Camp. The Cannabis Boot Camp is an in-depth, two-day program designed for individuals wishing to start a successful MMJ business or expand their existing operations. The program is led by accomplished advisors well versed in MMJ law and best practices, as well as investors and seasoned entrepreneurs. The Cannabis Boot Camp, held at the Mining Exchange Hotel in downtown Colorado Springs, will start on Saturday, January 31, 2015 and will be followed by an investor pitch event on Sunday, February 1.
Speakers will include the following:
– KC Stark, Founder and CEO of Medical Marijuana Business Academy
– Charles T. Houghton, Esq., Owner of Charles T. Houghton, P.C., a law firm dedicated to providing business, compliance, licensing and regulatory advice to the recreational and medical marijuana industry.
– Alina Lekser, Venture Capitalist, keynote speaker.
“The medical marijuana sector is exploding,” said Stark. “MMJ is currently a $2 billion market that’s projected to grow to $10 billion by 2018. It’s a land of opportunity, with the potential of becoming a big economic driver, that’s also fraught with pitfalls. We created the Cannabis Boot Camp to help entrepreneurs avoid common mistakes and significantly increase their chance of success.”
“Starting a company is easy; running a successful MMJ business is an entirely different story,” said Houghton. “This is a complicated, highly regulated, ever-changing market. Cannabis Boot Camp provides entrepreneurs with relevant, up-to-date information—everything from regulatory compliance, to day-to-day operations, to key business decisions — that helps them start and grow best-in-class businesses. The event also makes it possible to connect with experts who can answer questions and help entrepreneurs make key business decisions. ”
Stark and Houghton, both members of City of Colorado Springs Medical Marijuana Task Force, that assisted the City in developing its regulatory framework, have helped hundreds of entrepreneurs create thriving companies.
“KC was instrumental in helping us open our business and getting our marketing going,” said Gina Haynes, Manager of The Herb Shoppe. “KC is very knowledgeable about the industry and passionate about helping entrepreneurs create premier establishments.”
“The 18th Amendment of the United States Constitution turned martini-consuming but otherwise law-abiding citizens into criminals, and caused legitimate businesses to be replaced with illegal ones that paid no taxes,” said Perry Sanders Jr. Esq., owner of the Mining Exchange Hotel. “It took years for the United States to come to its senses and end prohibition of alcohol. Repealing the current version of prohibition makes a lot of sense. Not only will it take the black market profit out of marijuana and reduce the funding of gangsters and terrorists, it will also stop the obvious hypocrisy of putting people in jail for choosing one drug over another—wine over marijuana, for example—and bring an evenhandedness to the process of taking away a person’s freedom. I’m very pleased with the progress that the State of Colorado and people like KC Stark are making in reforming marijuana laws and establishing legitimate, taxpaying businesses.”
One Stop Shop for Entrepreneurs
The Cannabis Boot Camp offers entrepreneurs a convenient one stop shop where they can get the information they need to launch and grow successful MMJ businesses.
Boot camp participants will:
– Learn how to apply for all necessary licenses, comply with the regulations, and understand how to form and operate a successful marijuana business;
– Acquire tools for success in the medical marijuana industry;
– Meet like-minded entrepreneurs;
– Develop an understanding of how to effectively pitch to investors.
Dates and Sessions
– Saturday, January 31, 2015, 9am – 4:20pm: Regulatory compliance, choice of entity, taxation, commercial leasing, operational procedures.
– Saturday, January 31, 2015, 6pm – midnight: Caiji business networking event for boot camp participants. Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to meet boot camp speakers, mentors, investors, and seasoned entrepreneurs with successful MMJ businesses.
– Sunday, February 1, 2015, 11am – 1pm: Investor Pitch Round Table at Studio A64, 332 E. Colorado Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80903. Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their marijuana-related idea or business to a panel of investors, attorneys, and MMJ experts. Entrepreneurs wishing to present should apply at: start(at)mmjbusinessacademy(dot)com.
About MMJ Business Academy
Founded in 2010, and headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, the MMJ Business Academy helps entrepreneurs, investors, and current owners of cannabis businesses navigate the legal web of regulations and take advantage of market opportunities in the United States’ quickly expanding cannabis industry. For more information, please visit mmjbusinessacademy.com.